Wednesday, August 8, 2007

They're With The Band - A Scary Groupie Story

Because of my insatiable appettite for golf, I missed a seminal moment in my daughters' lives last night. They're officially with the band.

After hacking it up on the course and literally sweating through my clothes (shorts included), I notice my wife called. I gave her a ring back to hear that I missed my two daughters up on stage playing the tambourine.

Say what? Why the heck were my 8 and 6 year old within 200 feet of a band? Why were they allowed on stage? Why in the world would they chose the "instrument" that has notoriously been reserved for groupies?

Well, last night was National Night Out. The park across the street from my humble abode was the site for one of the celebrations in Colonial Heights. I understand it was quite a shindig, obviously including a band.

Both B. and K. decided last night would be a great time to shed any performance inhibitions they might have had and jump up on stage. I understand they were pretty good. B. was even getting into the groove and bobbing her head up and down.

I'm so glad they had a great time, but my dad sense is admittedly going off. I hope they don't grow an affinity for jumping up on stage for any reason. If they do, at least ask to play the maracas for goodness sake!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.