Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Redskins lost...call 911!

As most of you are aware by now, my beloved Redskins lost in a hard fought game to the soulless Dallas Cowgirls on Sunday. I was disheartened, sad, frustrated, plain ol' pissed off. However, I wasn't so upset to intentionally set in to motion what happened right after the game.

As soon as the game was over and after she made some snide comments about the Redskins' ability to never close the big deal, Belinda wanted to clean the hermit crab terrarium. No problem, I thought. My job in this pet chore is to take the terrarium outside and dump the old sand out. I took the unwieldy cube of glass to the super can and then it happened.

The terrarium slipped out of my hand, hit the side of the trash can, broke in to many jagged, sharp pieces of glass, and stabbed me right where my right hand thumb meets my palm. It was like a movie or "Monty Python" skit. Blood was literally squirting out of my palm.

I stumble in to the house, Belinda and the kids look at me, and it was on. Everyone started running about getting towels, asking if I'm ok, etc. All I could say was, "I'm bleeding. "

Belinda had her wits about her, called 911, and they came in short order. The cops also came because they wanted to make sure I didn't intentionally harm myself or Belinda wasn't trying to off me in some weird murder plot. The paramedics patched me up. The cop was satisfied that the sorrow of the Redskins' loss wasn't enough for me to throw myself upon a shard of sharp glass. The exciting night ended there.

I got my hand officially fixed up yesterday morning. The doc at "Doc in a box" told me I should have gotten stitches, which the paramedic told me I didn't need. I now have my hand wrapped and the wound is steri-stripped together. All in all, Sunday night was a crappy night.

Hail to the Redskins and I hate the hermit crabs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dallas COWGIRLS!?!?! You've just gone down a notch in my book :) Mind you I lived in DFW for 10 years when I was a kid - no way I could NOT be a Cowboys fan!

Oh well, I guess that's to be expected since everyone 'round here loves them Redskins....

Now that I read the entire post, I guess you have suffered enough! I bet you won't willingly take any more terrariums outside again, now will you?

Chris said...

The Cowpukes are the worst abomination in sports. Whether you lived in DFW all your life or for 10 years doesn't matter. The star makes me want to puke.

And you're right about the terrarium. I'll post more on that later.