Monday, May 19, 2008

The Lord Gives and the Lord Takes Away

As I mentioned in my previous post, the senior pastor of my church is leaving. I'm really conflicted on how I feel about it, which is probably the normal way to feel.

When we started visiting Mount Pleasant, I'd never heard a preacher preach like Jeff Ginn does. He brings the Word strong to the table but without the condemnation that many feel Southern Baptists often bring. Jeff is leaving to head up the Southern Baptist Conservatives of Virgnia.

I'm glad for Pastor Jeff. He's the perfect guy to help lead our denomination across the state. He's also, I feel, the perfect guy to lead Mount Pleasant. I know the Lord will provide someone else to lead our congregation, I just can't help but feel a little lost right now. Within 12 months, our children's pastor, music pastor, and now senior pastor has left our church.

Pastor Jeff helped our church grow exponentially. He's a good man. I wish him the best, but my family will miss him greatly.

For those that are so inclined, pray for the Mount Pleasant family

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dont know what is happening now with your churhc, hopefully by now you have a great new pastor, but I wanted to let you know I will be praying for you nd your church family, God hears you, and in his timing things will work out as they should.

"The lord gives and the Lord takes away, blessed be the name of the Lord" Job 1:21

God bless you and keep you.

Kathryn