Friday, May 25, 2007

Customer Service Tale of Woe

Let me start by saying that Birkdale in Chesterfield is a beautiful golf course. The staff is extremely friendly and the golf is cheap for what you get.

My first 9 holes of golf played were extremely fun BUT I am very bad. Hole one I bogied, which is great! The other holes...not so good. I had a great time with buddies from work. They humored me and tried to pretend that I wasn't as bad as I was. However, I'm now officially hooked.

On the way home, I decided to call and confirm an introductory golf lesson at an unnamed store in Glen Allen. Let's just say they're bigger than a "universe" of golf. I called twice and got disconnected twice by the same "customer service" rep. I then called back the third and final time and asked to not be hung up on this time. I was promptly transferred successfully to an assistant manager. All I wanted to do was confirm my lesson and ask if I needed to bring in my free introductory lesson certificate. You see, I forgot my certificate at work in the excitement of hitting the links for the first time, so I have some blame here. The assistant manager would be perfectly suited to work in our DMV system as she was ever so helpful. I actually told the manager that I would pay for a full lesson if needed, I just needed to know if she could give me another certificate. After much back and forth, she said that she woud have a certificate waiting for me at the front of the outer reaches of the store. She then gave me such a sarcastic and insincere "thank you" that I wanted to drive to Glen Allen and hit her over the head with a 4 iron.

Problem is, I'd probably miss.

No comments: