Sunday, June 17, 2007

Will The Cowboy Have to Check his Gun at the Door?

Looks like it was Jim Webb's gun that got his aide in a bunch of trouble. If I remember correctly, he said that it wasn't his gun. Forget the fact that DC has a strict handgun ban in place, let's examine how quickly Sen. Webb has become the politician that he campaigned so strongly against.

Read the following interview and determine for yourself if he's playing politics:

Q: Will you discuss questions involved in the gun arrest of your aide? You said at the time you didn't want to prejudice the outcome of the case. It is over now.

A: "It was a matter under legal consideration, and I was precluded from saying anything. That was my major point.
"And I hope you'll understand that in matters of self-defense up here, it doesn't do anybody's safety a lot of good by talking about this stuff. We're pretty vulnerable up here.
"When I was secretary of the Navy I had a 24-hour-a-day bodyguard. Harry Reid has a 24-hour-a-day bodyguard. The governor has a security detail."


Q: Was the gun yours?

A: "It's my gun. But what I said in the [March] press conference is true. I did not give it to Phillip, nor did I ask him to do anything with it."

Q: Will you talk about the question of whether you comply with the District's handgun law?

A: "I don't think we need to discuss that any more."

Why doesn't Webb want to discuss complying with the law? Is it too uncomfortable for him?

It's also interesting that Webb didn't bring any attention to the fact that his son did meet with the evil Pres. Bush. Remember how much of big deal everyone made about how rude was Webb was to Bush when he so insensitively asked how was Webb's son?

Looks like the straight shooting cowboy of a Democratic Senator is a much of a politician as the rest of 'em on Capitol Hill.

No comments: