Monday, July 23, 2007

I'm Mad as Hell and Not Gonna Take it Any More!!!!


I'm pissed...I'm gonna tell the whole world about it on my blog...You just watch me. I'm gonna form my opinion, throw around some "facts" that I got from someone else without verifying them, and blast everyone that disagrees with me!

This is how I feel most of the political blogs operate. I've actually come out of my first blog war with Brad at Brad's Brain today. Brad is a great writer, I just disagree with almost everything he writes about. What our disagreement came down to isn't important. The point is this...most partisan blogs fall in line with their party's line and don't waver no matter what.

Politicians typically are using the electorate by espousing platforms they don't truly plan on acting upon in order to win themselves another term at a cushy job.
I'm tired of that stale crap. Let's think people! We are fortunate enough to be at a place in time that we can post opinions about whatever we want, whenever we want. Does that mean we should because we can? I don't think so. Nothing makes me crazier than someone spewing regurgitated ideals that he/she doesn't believe in anymore than I truly believe that the Easter Bunny is gonna fill my kids' Easter baskets.
If you have something to say, by all means, say it. Just please be able to back up your view without resorting to reading from the latest talking points or resort to calling someone stupid or ignorant when they present a valid counter argument.

2 comments:

adamandjeremy said...

Here, Here.

Chris said...

Sorry for the formatting snafu above...It's all too much sometimes...To think that the issues become entertainment in and of themselves is sickening...I have an idea...Why don't we all stop talking about helping one another and actually help?!?