Thursday, August 23, 2007

I'm Takin' It To The Man And I Like It

So, as you all know by now, I have season tickets to the Redskins. I couldn't go to the preseason game last Saturday. Acutally, I didn't want to go and give even more money to the money grubbing regime of little Danny Snyder, but that's a different story.

One of my best friends from college could use the tickets and his wife is a HUGE Steelers fan, so I figured sending the tix to them would be a good thing to do and an easy way to get rid of tickets. Not so fast, young grasshopper!

I go to the Kinko's up the street to FedEx the tickets. I was told by the very unhelpful Kinko's associate, in between her talking to one of her sistahs on the phone, that the tickets would get to my buddy in plenty of time for the game. This was Thursday.

Fast forward to Friday evening. I figured I would logon to fedex.com and track the package, since I hadn't heard from my buddy, which isn't like him. To my surprise the package was still in Ashland, twenty miles up the road! This wasn't good.

Long story short, I had to get the Redskins to reprint the tickets, have my friend pick them up at the box office, and have him pay $4 per reprinted ticket.

How am I taking it to the man, you ask? I filed a claim. That's right, a claim. Since the tix were delivered Monday, two days after the game, I have proof of the value of the tickets.

The claims process supposedly allows me to get a refund of the full value of the merchandise shipped AND shipping charges. Pretty cool since I was giving the tickets away. Take that FedEx!

We'll see how it turns out, however. The claims process takes 5-7 business days. I bet you that the check gets lost in the mail.

2 comments:

Eric said...

Sometimes you just have to stick it to them... Good thing you went with Fedex and not the USPS.

Chris said...

You're right. The frustrating this is when I call to check in on the status of my claim. The automatons at FedEx will just tell you that the claim is "in process." What the heck?!? Very frustrating!