Thursday, November 8, 2007

WWJS - to me?

I was tagged by Chris at Awaken Me on the subject of what I think Jesus would say to me.

I don't have anything really prolific to write, but I think I know what the gist of what he'd say to me. It wouldn't be one thing, but a multitude of things. What he'd say would be based on
Matthew 22:37-40
Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments...

Like most thing Jesus has said in the Gospels and elsewhere in the Bible, I think he'd speak simply yet complex at the same time. Here's a list of what I'd think he'd hit on:

  • I love you.
  • Do you truly love me?
  • Be kinder & gentler.
  • Really tell others about me.
  • Where's your joy?
  • Why don't you show your joy more?
  • Try harder as a dad and a husband?
  • You're a great dad and husband.
  • I love you.

I see Christ often in others. I wish I saw him more in myself, but I try most of the time.

WWJS to you?

3 comments:

Jim L said...

Good post. Thanks for joining the meme. I have put a link to here at the original post, here:

http://lordibelievehelpmyunbelief.blogspot.com/2007/11/wwjs-to-me.html

Eric said...

Well Said Chris...

Anonymous said...

Chris,

Very well said. This might not be prolific in # of words but prolific in meaning.

In a bible study group at work yesterday we talked about Romans 12:9-21. It was said by some that these verses are the "core of Christian living" - listing several things we should be doing (and some not to do), but to me verse 9 was the seal for all of it:

Don't just pretend to love others. Really love them.

Thanks for posting! I added a comment to Jim (Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!) who started the meme with a link to this.