Thursday, October 30, 2008

Brian the Dragon

"I'd really like a drink," said Belinda when she was sitting down to do some work for her online corp. accounting class.

Knowing that Belinda doesn't really drink alcohol, I knew that was my cue to get up off the couch and go get her a Diet Dr. Pepper. No problem. I was thirsty too.

As I stepped outside, I heard a voice shout out, "Don't get freaked out man! I'm just over here trying to figure out how I'm gonna walk around in my dragon costume next weekend."

"Say what?!?"

"I said, 'I'm just over here trying to figure out hos I'm gonna walk around in my dragon costume next weekend.'"

By this time my eyes had adjusted to the darkness and I could see a figure sitting at one of the picnic tables across the street in the park.

"Cool," I said. I drove off to CVS to get me and Belinda a drink.

On the way, I felt the tapping on my skull from God. He said something like, "You know, Chris, it would be cool to get that guy in the park a drink too. Would be a great opportunity to tell him about Christ."

Sure. No problem God. I'll get a drink for a guy I don't know who's out in a park in the pitch black worrying about some dragon costume. Sounds completely normal.

Well, I ended up getting him a drink.

The conversation went many places. Brian, the dragon guy, new some things about the Lord. He also had some out of left field ideas about the Bible, but that may have been the Natty Lite talking.

My overwhelming urge to tell others about the only way to avoid hell through Christ has put me in some interesting places and conversations. Brian ranks up there as one of the most colorful, thus far. I can only pray that I shed some light for him on how he can avoid the terrible plight of those that don't know Christ as their savior when they die.

God bless!

No comments: