Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Let's Hear It for Jerry

So I work close to Chesterfield Towne Center. I've been going to the mall at lunch with the intent to try to witness using the Way of the Master method of evangelism.

Let's just say that I've not been very successful (essentially I've been a big freakin' chicken)

Today I promised myself that it would be a different story.

So in I go. I walk around the mall for about 10 minutes. Nothing really seems to be presenting itself as opportunity to strike up a conversation. I pass by a mall worker who's emptying trash cans and say to myself, "I should talk to that guy. Nah. I don't wanna bother him while he's working. Well, maybe if he decides to take a break and sit down." I continue to walk for about 5 minutes. When I turn back in the direction of the mall worker, guess what! You got it...he's sitting down on one of the benches in the mall!

*TAP* *TAP* *TAP*

God says, "What was that you were saying Chris? You gonna talk to him? I mean he is sitting down, after all."

"Ok. Let me just walk by one more time"

I begin repeating Philippians 4:13. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

So I sit down. I ask Jerry, that's his name come to find out, if he's gotten one of the billion dollar bills. He says nope. I go on to witness to him using the Law to convict his heart and then bringing on the Gospel.

Much of it is still a blur. We chatted for a good 10 minutes. Jerry blessed me incredibly through this encounter. I hope I've helped him as well through Christ.

God bless you Jerry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

... & through your willingness & faithfulness ... you bless me. :-)