Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Verse for 2009

This year has been tough for me. I've learned a lot about myself, good and bad.

I'm not going to make any resolutions. However, I'm claiming the following verse as a truth that I need imprinted on my heart, mind, and soul on so many different levels:

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (ESV)
4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful 6it( does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

I truly have so many blessings, I can't count them. Thank you God for everything you've done in my life. Thank you Lord for everything you've given me and my family. Thank you the most for your saving grace through your Son!

God bless, y'all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indeed - 2008 was one of the toughest / maybe even the toughest I've seen, in many ways. I'll claim it w/ you.

I'm glad love is patient. I certainly need patient love extended to me quite often -- wrapped in lot's of grace. Blessings for you & your's in 2009 & always, Christopher - through infinity & beyond ... - td

Chris said...

Amen, Tim, Amen. I need love and grace so bad it hurts!