Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm Excited About Tomorrow

I didn't vote for Barack Obama. I don't agree with most of the ideas he's floated out there during the campaign and since.

That being said, I'm truly excited about being alive when the first African American president will be innaugurated. What a historical event to witness! I pray God's blessings on the new president, his family, and his administration.

For those on the right that want to continue harangue about how terrible Obama's election is, I refer you to Romans 12:9-13:7.

God bless the new president and God bless the United States of America.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited, in that sense, also. I contend w/ my inner cynic; but pray that God may use that unique 'new' to help the world see us in a bit kinder light. Blessings, man. - td

kc bob said...

Just saying amen to your blessing of our new president and of America.

Chris said...

Tim,

I certainly hope we can see the world in a kinder light.

Bob,

Thanks for stopping by. An amen is always welcome. :)