Thursday, January 15, 2009

It's a Major Award! I hope it's not FRA-GIL-AY!*

Look here. I won something! YipppEEE!!!!

The winning is cool, and I really am looking forward to reading the book I won, but I really just want y'all to check Caryn's blog out. She has some awesome perspective on God and special needs kids without being heavy handed.

This post here crystalizes what I've wanted to tell folks for so long about what is cool and not cool to do in regards to families with special needs kids.

This post is an ode to her short bus riding son.

Caryn's blog is a true blessing (much more than my blog, I'm afraid). I admire her honesty, but most of all, her persistent praise to God.

Let me know what y'all think.

*If you don't get the A Christmas Story reference, go here for one of the funniest movie clips of all times!

4 comments:

Caryn said...

What a blessing it was to read this! It really encourages me! A blog wouldn't be a blog without readers. So, I'm grateful for you!

Congrats for being the 1st Winner! Hopefully your book won't freeze before it gets there :-).

You are Especially Blessed!

Chris said...

Caryn,

I write it cause it's true. The list you wrote of stuff people should know is priceless.

The short bus post you wrote makes me cry and smile at the same time.

Keep on rockin' it.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, dude! I've checked out her blog on occasion, after discovering it through your's. She seems a genuinely warm & excellent lady. - td

Anonymous said...

oh ... careful w/ the book or you'll poke your eye out w/ it. :-)