Thursday, January 22, 2009

Jon Bon Jovi Got Me Thinkin'

I very rarely listen to music in the car. If the radio is on, it's usually on talk radio of some sort. Every now and again, I'll get wild and switch it over to the FM dial and rock out to some of the classics.

Today, my buddy and yours, Jon Bon Jovi and friends were singing about how he's wanted dead or alive. I sang along out loud (stop laughing now...you know you do it every time you here this song).

But in all seriousness, the theme of this song really got me thinking. Here is this rockband at the top of their career singing about how hard life on the road is.

Talk about the season of discontent. These guys have it all by the world's standards, but life is still life. They still feel the same feelings we all do.

Music is a powerful thing. It's a way to help us connect to feelings that we may have forgotten or haven't felt in a long time.

Bon Jovi really reminded me of how easy it is to become discontented. While it's never as easy as just turning on the happy switch to get out of a funk, it really is a subconscious decision we make to praise God in all circumstances. I've failed at that recently and thank Mr. Bon Jovi for reminding me on looking heavenward for my source of content. 'Cause even if you're a rocker, you often feel you're wanted dead or alive (wow, that's such a bad play on words it hurts).

Now crank up the volume and sing along!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For they saw a million faces ... & offended them all. :-) I saw them on that tour w/ Cinderella. It is amazing the ways we do & do not draw contentment & peace.

"They give contentment a bad name." Hey, you stared this ... - td

Chris said...

I saw them as well. Front row, baby!

Contentment is a fleeting mistress indeed.

"Your discontent is like bad medicine!" This game is fun.