Monday, January 26, 2009

So I've Come Down

Over and over again God comes down from on high to bring us up out of the stuff we get in to. I'm reading Exodus now. It's also the subject of the community's winter bible study that I'm attending.

Check out the beginning of Exodus 3:8. It says, "and I have come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land to a good and broad land..."

He is a God of meeting us in the place where we're at, even when it's a desolate region like Midian, and bringing us up to the place that He wants us to be.

Thank you God for coming down and lifting us up.

4 comments:

kc bob said...

Of course with us He has already come down.. when He comes to us it is from within and not from without.

Like the old hymn says.. you ask me how I know He lives.. He lives within my heart :)

Happy Monday Chris!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Most High God ... for meeting me time & again, where I could not have gone fwd without Him. Our Ever Present Help! -- & amen! - td

Chris said...

Bob,

Oh I know He's come down, I just think the early references of Him coming down are truly awesome.

However, I readily admit that fully examining my faith in the Bible by myself is relatively new task for me, so I'll probably find things from time to time that blow my mind and make others go "well, duh!" :)

Chris said...

Tim,

Remind me to tell you about how this post and my reading for this morning blew me away next time I see you.

-cwray