Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What if?

What if I didn't lose my job and now face giant financial hurdles?

What if I didn't meet Belinda and fall for her in face of all the things put in our way?

What if I actually said everything I was thinking to that coworker that I couldn't stand?

What if I didn't act like a jerk to my kids so much?

What if I didn't need to ask so many questions and need so many answers?

What if I posed these questions to people that cared for me instead of the faceless internet?

What if I claimed every promise that God makes and believed it 100% of the time no questions asked?

What if I still went by my middle name instead of my first?

What if I went back to school?

What if God didn't raise Jesus from the dead? What would've happened then?

What if I was as good as a friend as I want others to be to me?

What if I talked to that person I was meaning to talk to about Christ but chickened out?



What ifs really don't get us very far. They typically deal with things that have already happened. I can't change those things, but I often act like I can with all of the questions that float through my head.

A verse that has struck me recently is John 8:58. It's just so clear in the way that Christ claims that He is God and has been since the beginning of time. This verse gives me strength in knowinig that my Lord has been, is now, and always will be.

Praise God that He is the great I AM!!!

2 comments:

kc bob said...

"I can't change those things, but I often act like I can"

That was good Chris.. not that I can relate :)

Chris said...

Thanks Bob!